Thursday, March 29, 2012

Gengar's attack was SUPER EFFECTIVE!




"To steal the life of it's target, it slips into the preys shadow and silently waits for an opportunity."- Pokedex (silver)

This is my piece for the Pokemon Battle Royal. I was EXTREMELY pumped for this show for three reasons. 1. I've never been in a gallery show before so this is a big step for me. 2. It's a POKEMON gallery show! So this is right up my ally. 3. I Got my all time favorite Pokemon GENGAR!
When making this piece I new right away that I wanted to make him look really creepy, and really just went from there. I later wanted to make a suddle comment on how bad a trainer I always thought Ash was (not evolving any of your damn pokemon?! WTF is WRONG with YOU!?)
This piece was a big challenge to me because I wanted to make it in Coral Painter. I used it once before when making my horsemen Series. But this time I was going about it in a different way, I've wanted to try an do things in a "concept art" painterly style for a while an this was my first real attempt at it and really, painter. Anyway I hope people enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it. It will be on sale at the Light Grey Art Gallery starting April 20th for 40$. If your in the twin cities area you should stop by. Its gonna be a GREAT show!

2 comments:

Josh said...

Dude, again, I really love this piece. It looks like its done in oil pastel. The purple are so rich. Great foray into Painter. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Great drawing! You have a lot of tallent ;)